Drugstore Haul | Kate Tokyo

Tuesday 3 May 2016

As I've always been a big fan of Korean skincare and makeup, there are times when I wanted to try Japanese brands available in the drugstore i.e. Watsons or Guardians. 

There of course many brands available and Kate Tokyo is the first brand I want to get into because I've always loved the brand ambassador, Meisa Kuroki ever since I saw her in a Japanese movie Tada, Kimi o Aishiteru starring Tamaki Hiroshi and Aoi Miyazaki back in 2006. It has become one of my favourite Japanese movie of all time. 

Back to the haul, I picked up several makeup items I wanted to try so first I went on and grabbed their liquid foundation, Kate Powderless Liquid for Cover in the shade of OC-D as I heard it's good for oily skin even though I'm normal-oily combo.  I've tried this foundation several times already but I haven't got the clue why it cakes so much on my skin especially on my U-zone where it's a little bit dry and I honestly think the formulation is almost similar to my Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation, where both foundation oxidizes so quickly with matte finishes. Hopefully I can find the balance as I do love the the shade. 


Next is the Kate Liquid Touch Powder Foundation for Cover also in the shade of OC-D. When I first applied this, I'm quite surprised to see the coverage on my skin. This is perfect for those days I just wanna have simple look by finishing my skincare routine with a sunscreen and top it off with this for coverage. 


I also picked up some eyeshadow quads even though I have enough of them but the colours are just so pretty I can't help myself. haha I got one in Brown hues and another in Pink as it's spring and I'm trying few makeup looks that work for my medium skin. 


I ran out of my Maybelline eyeliners so I picked up Kate Super Sharp Liner or as they called it Spider Liner at the store and later I bought that Kate Digital Memory Liner as the latter is much more blacker than the former. I also got the Kate Eyeliner Pencil to fill in the gaps in my lashes. 

That's all from me. Let me know if you want me to review any of the items I featured in here by leaving comments down below. 

Until next post, annyeong~


Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature