The Body Shop Malaysia October Sale!

Thursday, 24 October 2013


Okay. Okay. I am busy with design projects and other assignments but that's why we have Online Shopping, right? Plus the local shipping is cheap! But only half of the stuffs shown here were purchased online while the other half were purchased in-store.



So I placed my order on Monday morning and everything arrived this morning! Well, it was supposed to be Next-Day Delivery but they do stated in their official website that it's gonna be a bit late as they're having a lot of orders during sale but 3 days is still super awesome! Unlike oversea orders! Ugh! 

Love the greetings and only then I noticed their Facebook and Twitter page. They put in shredded papers to secure my orders, nice! 
Anyways, feast on photos below! I didn't buy many things cause I actually have re-stocked my The Body Shop essentials last August so I just grabbed little things. 




First, the above three things that I bought because I left all of them at home and one has become my baby nephew's body sponge. Yes, it's the Soft Facial Cleansing Sponge. This is perfect for deep cleansing my skin and it's great at removing from light to medium makeup. Don't worry about the moon-craters like surface of the sponge cause it's gentle to your skin. 


To use:
First, dampen the sponge and lather up your cleansing foam.
Then put your cleansing foam on your face and use the sponge in circular motion, upwards and outwards. 
After using it, rinse thoroughly and dry naturally. 

Next, it's the Facial Buffer. 


I usually use this with my Etude House Wonder Pore Clay Clear mask. Cause After the mask dried out, it can be a difficult task to wash t off, so I use this plus this also can gently exfoliate my skin whilst washing off the mask. Gentle warning though, if you were to get this, do not use it too hard on your skin. The sponge purpose is to gently exfoliate so it does the job for you. Cause a friend did pressed a bit harder on her skin and it quite stings for awhile. 

As for this one, I was just introduced to this Deep Cleansing Face Mask Enhancer quite recently and I can't wait to try it on! This comes in a small white pouch, and you can easily fold this mask enhancer back into it and travel with it. This is great with my wash-off masks. Why? You'll find out why from how to use it. 


To use:
First is to rinse the cloth in hot (hot enough for your hands to endure) and wring out the excess water. 
Second, place the chenille side of the cloth down on your face, and it goes without saying on towel-dried, cleansed face. Put this on for about 2 to 3 minutes to open your pores. This will help the goodness of the masks to be absorbed by the skin better. 
Third, apply your favourite mask i.e. wash-off masks and as for right now, my favourite would be TheFaceShop Real Nature Apple Flesh Mask and Etude House I Need You Yogurt and Honey Wash-Off Masks. 
Fourth, rinse the cloth again in hot (hot enough for your hands to endure) and wring out the excess water. Place it back onto your face, chenille side against your skin, and leave it on for about 15 to 20 minutes. Or a bit longer. ^_^
Lastly, when the time's up, turn the cloth over, and use the towelling side to  wipe off remaining mask. 

To make this cloth last longer, it's recommended to hand wash it. Instead of hot water, use cold water for Aloe Vera and Cucumber Wash-Off masks. 
Definitely not recommended for peeling mask. Duh

As for the second part of this mini haul, these all-time favourite Sakura Puree Body Lotion, Vanilla Bath & Shower Gel, and Pink Grapefruit Body Scrub. I did mentioned that I'm a sucker for anything Sakura, right? Oh, plus Vanilla. Well, honey too. Hence the blog name. 
I got these three during a quick visit to The Body Shop in Suria KLCC last Tuesday. Plus, these are sold out in Online Store, so..





Last but not least, the highlight of this mini The Body Shop haul, Extra Virgin Minerals Powder Foundation Brush. 
I bought this online cause it's not available at the store.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not really a makeup person. After skin care, I usually use my TheFaceShop Natural Sun Absolute Quality Super White Sun Cream SPF50 PA+++, TheFaceShop Aura Colour Control Cream SPF30, TheFaceShop Power Perfection BB cream or Maybelline Pure.Pact Mineral Compact Foundation, and finish off with with my Mary Kay Mineral Loose Powder. I never once tried any liquid foundation and I always use my fingers to apply my BB cream. 

My first ever foundation brush is from Mary Kay, and I do hope this one can be a replacement. If this come out as a winner, I'll get the rest of the collection. If not, I'll just go ahead get a new set of Mary Kay Mineral brush set. 

Alright, that's about it. 

How about you guys? Do you have recommendation for cleansing tools? Clarisonic Cleansing brushes are so hot right now, I know but I'm just a student. Architecture Student at that who needs at least 100 bucks per design project, so I gotta stick to small budget over here. I heard Olay Pro X Advanced Cleansing System is pretty affordable which is why I'm on waiting list on my favourite drug store which is Watsons cause apparently, all girls in Malaysia want it!

What's your favourite body scrub? Do tell. Cause all mine are from either The Body Shop or Watsons. 

How about favourite brush set? Mine is Mary Kay Mineral Brush set. But I guess I'm a little bias over here cause it's my ONLY brush set. But it's been 2 years and I need new ones. 

Anyway, until next post, take care and only one more day to weekend! Toodles!

LEMIELETLAVANILLE