Beauty Haul | Sephora

Thursday 28 January 2016
Without realizing, January is about to end. WHAT? Feels like it's only been few days since we celebrated the New Year i.e. New Year shopping and to be honest, for beauty, I didn't really get a lot of things as all I've been doing throughout 2015 was finishing my beauty hauls from 2014. Yep! That much! ~not proud of it!

As I decided to be on No-Buy ban for skincare throughout the year, I started to get some makeup instead. Truth is, I'm not really that impressed with many things for Korean makeup items so for the past 2 years, I didn't really get much of stuffs apart from base products which not a lot of them actually being used throughout the time I own them as I'm quite tanned to begin with (talk about limited BB cream shades) so not a lot of Korean makeup items that are suitable to my skin tone.

Hence, begin my journey in Sephora. 


I first mentioned my first purchase from Sephora back in 2014 where I purchased several NYX products and boy, I've been doing lots of research on products available at the store since then. 

The thing about stuffs sold at Sephora is, it's easy to find reviews on YouTube and blogs. Though there are many other brands are not carried by Sephora Malaysia, there are still lots of products that are fun to try (which is awesome by the way) at the store and doing swatches on my lips, face and body are like a habit whenever I'm in Sephora. Do you know that you can actually bring (or just buy at the travel section) pots to sample the products like foundation and whatnot? Though I usually just ask any available makeup artist to just do a demo on me, have you done that personally? Let me know. 

So yeah~ here I want to talk about the stuffs I got for the past year (it's a long period, I know!) from Sephora Malaysia.


Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Creme in J'Adore | RM100

Though NARS is my first high-end makeup brand ever, I couldn't really get my hands on any of the products after I came back to Sabah and that's how Marc Jacobs came into the picture. Huh? Why so dramatic?? LOL But that's the ultimate truth. Why can't NARS have a pop-up store here in Imago? I really really in love with Le Marc lipstick formulation, totally comparable to my NARS Anita and as both came in black and sleek cases, I now love both of them equally. :D

Marc Jacobs (P)outliner in Prime Rose | RM85

After discovering lip liners from Essence, I kept asking myself, why in heaven did I get this? But honestly, Essence lip liners are quite drying my lips especially when I do that Kylie lips thing but I could totally replace my lipsticks and use this lip liner on my whole lips instead. It's quite buttery for me and not drying though I need to use a lot every time I wanna do whole lips thing so for now, I'm sticking to its original function as lip liner. It also can really go with any lipstick colour I have. 


   

Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette + Stash Bag | RM199

My first Urban Decay Naked palette. Ah~ where to begin? I was coincidentally in KL when this palette was launched last year and for the first few weeks I just kept staring at it without even swatching it until one day I saw a tutorial on YouTube and tried my first look with it right away. As I'm still quite new with eye makeup, I couldn't really done it prettily so I decided to practice some more before I can do a blogpost on it. Newbie alert! 

As a Sephora Black Card holder, along with the palette, I got the small pouch, 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Rockstar, Ultra Definition Skin foundation samples, Perversion mascara and lip gloss, all in deluxe sample size. This is really good as I get try many things before getting them in full size 'cause you know I tend to use products under the same brand. 


Soap & Glory Clean On Me + Righteous Butter + Bath Lily (Birthday Box) 

I may not a pink person, but I super love bath stuffs from Soap & Glory. It all started when I got the Birthday Box for my birthday, I kept coming back to Sephora to pick up other products. 

Clean On Me shower gel definitely fits my taste as the scent really growing on me each and every time I used it. Really wish i can get my hands on the body mist as well.

Soap & Glory Scrub 'Em Leave 'Em | RM55 + Travel Size | RM21

I actually bought the Travel size first during travel and I just can't not come back to Sephora to buy the full size. It really works with my skin as my skin became really smooth after all the scrub work and again, love the scent!

Soap & Glory Scrub of Your life | RM55

This is the one that I'm using especially for my hands and elbows. Really making these areas so smooth. After little scrub work, it made my hand creams applied smoothly and my hands stayed moisturised even longer. I'm almost running out of this, need to repurchase soon!

Soap & Glory Flake Away (Travel Size) | RM21

This is used specifically for my legs as my legs tend to get dry from time to time so I usually use this to scrub and applied the Righteous Butter afterwards. Works magic!



bareMinerals Bareskin Introductory kit | RM150

Initially, probably like most people, I just want to get the brush as the brush alone retailed at RM139. but the foundation is actually really good too. It gives medium coverage and I really love the natural finish. This is actually Bare Beige 08 so it's a little light for me so I'm thinking to get a demo using 09 at Sephora and see if the shade really fits me. 




Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette | RM199

What can I say~this is one of those products that Female magazine made me buy. So far I'm really loving Tease and been using it as base for many of the looks that I've tried...and I found a possible dupe by TheFaceShop. Hah! well, possibly. :P

Urban Decay De Slick Makeup Setting Spray | RM116

Honestly, I haven't really done any test using this Setting Spray so I can't really tell whether it helps prolonging my makeup or not. Will do soon!

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (Original) | RM80

I've been using Etude House pearl base as my eye shadow primer ever since I tried doing eye makeup so using this almost transparent primer is totally new to me. So far I'm loving it but there are days when my eye shadow creased so I most definitely still can't get the hang of it yet so let me adjust the amount a little bit more. Practice! Practice! Practice!



Marc Jacobs The Sofia | RM165

The last but not the very least product that I bought in 2015 was this beautiful Marc Jacobs The Sofia set. Though I probably never gonna use So Sofia itself, but the other 4 colours? Totally, totally love them! Especially Infamous! Love! Love! Love!

That's about it! These are all the products I bought from Sephora so I hope you enjoy reading this post and let me know what are the awesome stuffs you bought from Holiday 2015 collections. 

Until next post! Annyeong~


Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature