Drugstore Haul | Maybelline Malaysia

Saturday 2 April 2016
I think it's safe to say that my hauls for this year is more on makeup rather than skincare unlike the past few years as I'm getting more and more interested on applying makeup by myself plus ever since I started working, the need to appear presentable in front of others is always there but all the more reason to do makeup for me is actually having fun by myself. 


As I have been trying to master the skill to draw my eyebrows, I've been buying some eyebrow kits or palettes from local drugstore i.e. Watsons and the ones I bought from Maybelline is this Fashion Brow 3D & Nose Palette in Gray along with that Fashion Brow Duo Shaper also in Gray.  



I usually just draw the shape of the eyebrow with the Duo Shaper first, the product is like a lead pencil that I use to shape my brow. Then I use the other end of the pen which has a sponge tip (sorry, I forgot to open the cap!) that contains powder and fill in the gaps. But the powder is actually not that a lot and that's why I went on and bought the brow palette. 



As for the 3D Brow and Nose Palette, it has 3 type of product in it, from left is the wax type which I usually use to draw the shape of my brow using the provided mini brush. Then in the middle is the powder type which is to fill in the gaps. Both are in Gray colour.  On the right is the the powder for nose contouring to add the depth of your nose bridge but honestly, I never use it as the colour somewhat matches my skin tone so the colour doesn't appear as a contouring colour.

Next item would be a Color Tattoo 24 Hours Gel-Cream Eyeshadow in No. 55 Inked in Pink. I gotta say, I rarely buy pinks but I don't know why, this is the colour that I picked up at the store as it's springtime and I was thinking to try more spring looks. 


Shown below is the swatch of the cream shadow. I have to say that it's quite thick and highly pigmented. I'm still experimenting with the application of this cream shadow and several attempts I made are failed as they crease after few hours even with mattifying eye primer. But still, it's a pretty pink with shimmers. 


Another item that I got to try more spring looks are these lip products. The first one I got is a pink lipstick from their Rosy Matte by Colorsensational in MAT3 Rosy Peach. 


This is a matte lipstick with medium pigmentation. The lasting hours is about 4 to 5 without eating and drinking. The formulation is quite dry so if you're not really into matte lipsticks, do apply lip balms beforehand. As you can see below, it's more like pink with blue undertone but I think to really get its true color, I need to use lip concealer and maybe do the gradation lips thing. 


Next is the Velvet Matte lipstick (though technically this is a lip cream) in MAT12. 


This comes with a doe foot applicator which is easy to use. The colour is a nude peachy, brownish colour which goes with my coral cream blush so well. It takes some time to dries down to matte finish and after awhile this stains my lips. I do love the formulation. Though it's matte, it doesn't dry out my lips. There are 9 colours for this collections but this is the only colour I can wear. 


Next is the one that I love the most in this haul which is this Lip Gradation by Colorsensational and mine is in Mauve 1. 


As the name suggests, this is supposed to be worn in gradation style but I couldn't help myself with applying this the regular way. The colour is indeed muted rosy brownish colour which is kinda similar to my MAC Persistence but the formulation for this one is thinner compared. 


So I guess that's all from me. Let me know your favourite drugstore brand and what makeup item or just leave any comments down below. 

Until next post, annyeong~


Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature