Skincare Routine | Daily Skincare 2.0

Friday 7 March 2014
Annyeonghaseyo! Are you guys excited about this upcoming weekend? Sure I am! As I finally can get some time to go for shopping as my current skincare products are about to finish. Well, I have lots of mask sheets, mask packs and whatnot (I'm not proud proud of this!!) but not main skincare items. hehe

If you guys are my followers from the beginning of my blog (since September last year) then some of you may read a post like this before which is my first set of Korean skincare products. (If you're curious, you can read here

So now after 6 months, there's a slight change in my skincare routine (and it's gonna change again pretty soon hehe) but for now let me share with you my routine for the past month.

Cleansing stage. For cleansing purposes, I'm using several products depending on my skin condition that day, and how deep I need to cleanse my skin especially in the evening.
  • Morning Cleanser
    • Etude House Happy Fresh Foam: White Clay. Review! 
    • Skinfood Carrot Cleansing Foam. Review! 
  • Deep Cleansing (whenever I use sunscreen, Pore Balm, BB cream, and powder pact)
    • Cleansing Cream: TheFaceShop Phyto Powder in Cleansing Cream: Black Sugar. Review
    • Cleansing Foam: TheFaceShop Phyto Powder in Cleansing Foam: Charcoal. Review! 
  • Regular Cleansing (whenever I only use BB cream after skincare)
    • Cleansing Cream: TheFaceShop Herb Day Cleansing Cream in Green Tea
    • Cleansing Foam: TheFaceShop Phyto Powder in Cleansing Foam: Green Tea. Review! 
Exfoliation or scrubbing is important for my skin so I do this at least twice a week to remove dead skin cells and to help better skincare absorption. These exfoliation products are also act as my facial masks at the same time.

  • Skinfood Black Sugar Wash-Off Mask. Review! 
  • Skinfood Black Sugar Strawberry Wash-Off Mask. Review! 


Peelings. Similar like exfoliating products, but this is less harsh compared to scrubbing.

  • Etude House Magic Bubble Peeling Creamy Peeling Wash. Review! 

Massage Cream: Facial massage helps to relax your skin, alleviate dullness and sagging also it can promote better circulation below the skin. As for the texture of the cream, it should easily glides over the skin instead of being fully absorbed. This allows me to massage my skin easily without stretching or pulling it. I usually massage my skin at least twice a week.
  • TheFaceShop Rice Water Bright Massage Cream. Review! 

Wash-Off Masks: I love wash-off masks mainly because I love how I can feel the texture of the product while either massaging it onto my skin plus these masks are so nicely scented (naturally and sometimes artificial). This is how I treat myself after a long day at design studio. :D
To promote better absorption of the products into my skin, I will use my The Body Shop Deep Cleansing Face Mask Enhancer. Click here to know on how to use it.
As I have oily to normal combo skin, it's important to integrate clay-based products into my regime as well. 
  • TonyMoly Tomatox Magic White Massage Pack. Review! 
  • TheFaceShop Real Nature Strawberry Sorbet Mask Pack. Review! 

Nose Pack. To remove black and white heads on my nose and chin area, I use nose packs rather than nose strips. 
  • TheFaceShop Volcanic Clay Black Head Nose Pack. Review! 
Toner: After using makeup remover, cleansing oil, foams, even masks, toner picks up any residue left, refreshes and balances my skin pH as well. 
  • Etude House Wonder Pore Freshener. Review! 

Daily Paper Masks: If I'm not using my wash-off masks, I will use paper masks instead. It's so easy and simple! I'm big on paper masks so whenever I shop for skin care products, I will get like at least 10 for myself. Again, I'll focus on getting masks that contain brightening and anti-oxidant (with the haze in the city right now) active ingredients. I'm using paper masks usually on days I have extra time in my hands as I will at least need to leave on these paper masks for about 20 minutes before continuing with my skincare routine.
  • TheFaceShop Real Nature Mask Sheets
  • Etude House I Need You Mask Sheets
  • Etude House It's Real Mask Sheets
  • Nature Republic Given By Nature Mask Sheets


Serum: The most important (and expensive! grr!) skincare product I have. Should have all the things I need in one bottle. Brightening, moisturising, and anti-wrinkle as well.

  • Skinfood Black Sugar Perfect First Serum. Review! 
    Honestly, I was quite confused in the beginning of using this. At first, I used this as First Treatment Essence i.e. use right after cleansing, but when I wipe my skin with toner after that, the result that I'm expecting isn't showing compared to when I use the miniature version of this product as serum i.e. after toner. So I changed the order to after toner. 


Emulsion: According to here, emulsion is practically a light moisturizer that is often used in the day, whereas traditional moisturizers, lotions and creams may be used at night. The advantage of emulsion is that as a light moisturizer it is just absorbed into the skin fasten, and does not clog pores; hence it is quite effective for people with normal-oily or oily skin. Furthermore, as a light moisturizer, it does not give the skin the shiny, oily look. I think I do agree with this definition.

  • TheFaceShop Flebote White Crystal Brightening Emulsion. Review! 
    I'm about to finish this one. After 6 months!!

Moisturizer: It helps in preventing my skin from getting dry patches. Even though I have normal-oily combo skin, I always use moisturiser to compensate the stripped natural oil after a deep cleansing on my skin and of course to complete my skincare routine.

  • TheFaceShop Flebote White Crystal Moisture Radiance Cream. Review! 
    My second tub. This one too is about to finish. 

Sleeping Mask: I love sleeping mask! Like I mentioned in previous post here, it's something that I used to whenever I have the urge to give my skin extra care especially on those days when I'm lack of sleep or rest where my skin feels lifeless, dull, and just screaming for help! But most of the time it's because I'm too exhausted to do the whole routine so I usually just cleansed, toned my skin and put this mask on and sleep with it. Wake up with a brighter and for lack of a better word, radiating skin.

  • TheFaceShop Raspberry Roots Sleeping Mask. Review! 
  • Etude House Moonlight in Spoon Blending Sleeping CreamReview!

Soothing Gel: On those days where I walk a lot on campus ground, exchanging classes to one after another, I'll use this product to soothe the burning sensation on my skin.

  • Nature Republic Aloe Vera Soothing Gel. Review! 

Sunscreen: As I'm using lots of brightening products, it's imperative to use sunscreens. I get sunburn easily so I use sunscreens every day before leaving my room. Both for facial and body.

  • Nature Republic UV Lock Flower Waterproof Suncream  SPF50+ PA+++Review! 
  • Etude House Sun Prise Cooling Body Spray SPF50+ PA+++. Review! 

Wow. That was long. hehe Anyway, how about you guys? Do share the one product that you would never skip not even a day. I sure too want to know your favourite skincare product.

Until next post, au revoir!

P.S. If you wanna know my previous skincare routine, go here!

Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature